Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

May 27, 2012

Things are going well out here and I am feeling better too.  They gave me more meds to take for 20 days now and I still have to go back up there for a day this week.  The rain sounds crazy there but that is nothing.  Here the river is already up like 3 or 4 feet and it hasn't even rained that much so it's all good and we are staying pretty dry.  Still have stupid power though and they keep saying it will be fixed by a certain day and then that day comes and goes and still no power.  So whatever, I'm always hot and sometimes we hang out at the gas stations where it is cold, lol!  The language is coming a little easier and I can read pretty fluently now, crazy huh. 

The sunsets here are my favorite ever.  They have the prettiest sky ever in Cambodia and the country is so flat that you have a good view from anywhere!  It's pretty awesome and I see the sunrises too as I'm up pretty early everyday. I'm doing good.  The drugs make me really tired but I can handle it and I'm doing good with the language and had to translate a few times for the senior couple in meetings and it's going good.  I'm not there yet but we have a few new investigators about every week and we have lots going on each week and we're super busy every day and we've got crazy things happening in the branch and we always have to help the branch.  Like do the home teaching and visiting teaching and teach the bishop how to be a bishop and do fast offerings and tithing and stuff so we are busy with lessons and teaching and biking all over the place!  I'll be grateful for the bike seat that's for sure!  Hope things are good back there, love you!!  Joshua 

No comments:

Post a Comment