Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 4, 2012

Last week after I emailed you we got lunch and then went out shopping in the old market here.  I got some hammocks so now I do all my studies iin my big red hammock.  I got 5 hammocks for 12 bucks!  We had some crazy rain this week too.  I rode my bike down the street in a foot of water and was splashing everything and just got soaked.  Saw the doctor again this week and he said I didn't have the parasite but I have an increased number of yeast cells so I'm still on meds for 10 days and then go back.  I still have stomach pains every morning and nothing is solid so whatever.  I don't know what's going on.  I love the branch here and the people are so fun and just awesome.  I love the youth and the help we get from members and I love this area!  It is the best area in all of Cambodia right now by far.  We have the best set up; getting food from Sophal twice a week and leftovers most nights and desserts and then the senior couple is great up here and its just the best area ever.  My companion Elder Wilcox is done at the end of  June and I'll miss him and then I'll get a new comp. and when I have to leave Kampong Thom I will be really sad and miss a ton of the people.

I got letters from Sister Larsen and Sister Warren and I hope to write letters today.  Things are good and I have everything I need.  I got pancake mix and I eat oatmeal in the morning and fruit and toast and peanut butter is 4 bucks but worth it and this stuff is all from Siem Reap when we stop at the super market up there.  I have mac and cheese too!  The power is better but it is out sometimes at night which is most trying and annoying because you come home hot and sweaty and stick to the paper when you plan and do all the records so it's just annoying!  It's still crazy  hot and I sweat all the time...like a rain cloud!!!! haha, I love you guys!!!!

Posted and edited by Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment