Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 11, 2012

I got the box you sent this week and it was awesome.  Loved the candy, deodorant, bike seat and horn!  Dad, the kids love the horn and so does everyone!  They know it's me coming so I have a calling card now, lol!  The seat is super comfortable and it was funny that you sent tools to put it on myself cause I took it to the guy at the end of our street and he put it on for 12 cents and two minutes!  Haha, pretty funny place, Cambodia.  The power is better but still goes out and it is hard when it goes out at night, then the room gets to 110 degrees and we wake up and have to turn the ac and fans back on but whatever.  It's all good and getting better.  I woke up this morning with a cold.  Great, and my stomach is still dumb every single morning and most nights so whatever.  I'm making food at home a lot and make really good fries with rice and then Sophal makes really good food and I love anything with fried pineapple in it!

We had a couple of set backs with two investigators that were like huge blows in one day and just really sad.  Not knowing what to do is a rough feeling.  It's just weird how my thoughts and worries each day change from when I was home.  Everyday I check my bike tires and I'm happy when they still have air in them.  I love when my helmet doesn't have a spider trying to make a home there each morning and I find myself looking for bikes that have good baskets and bells and stuff like that.  Then coming home I pray for power every night and then last night I was glad I didn't step on a scorpion that was right next to my desk chair when we came home to no power and a very dark room.  I was about 3 inches from it after we finally got a lamp turned on and it was a pretty good sized one too.  But I'm good and we killed it with bug spray after we took some pics.  Haha, all in the life of a Cambodian missionary! 

We had a record number of people at church 112 and it was not even all the active members too!  Next week we are having 3 baptisms and then 5 the next week.  We are always getting new investigators and having lots of fun.  Then the house at home looks awesome.  Yay gardening!  I do gardening every day at someone's house cause it's that time of year so I have had my share of happy time out in the yard!  Love you and pics next week as we are short on time this week!  I love you a tons!!! and that's perfect grammer in Khmae!  Tell everyone hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment