Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Thursday, June 28, 2012

(Elder Decker spiked a fever that week and was sent to Phnom Penh hospital with Dengue fever on Thursday.  He was there 7 days and was released on the 27th.)
June 28, 2012

I'm out of the hospital and feeling really tired.  I got out with a good platelet count and no fever for about a day and now just really tired.  So I had some hot nights and really sweaty annoying nights too.  My temp. got up to 105.7 one night and that was the highest and they finally got it to come down some.  Then it went back up some and finally stayed down and my platelets came up again.  I have drugs to take at home and I look a little skinnier but I'm sure once I get back into the swing of things again and start finding good foods to eat I'll be looking the same.  I did miss not being able to go out with Elder Wilcox for his last week but I was out of the hospital the night he went home so I got to see him off but we didn't have time to get a picture together by the elephant.

But I have a new companion, his name is Elder Kuhn and he has been out a little over a year and was an office elder for 6 months and now he's coming up to Kampong Thom with me.  It's going to be good but different without Elder Wilcox there.  But companions will come and go and I'll see Elder Wilcox again too.  Then Sister Smedley took good care of me and Pres. Smedley gave me a blessing in the hospital the first night I was there and I know I'll get back to my real self soon and be able to eat good and have good strength too.  It's just a long process and I really am tired of being sick.  I just want to be healthy for more than a week at least so I keep praying for that.  We had 5 more baptisms in our area when I was in the hospital this Sunday and then in July we should have a lot going on.  Many people that are close and that will get baptized this month so it's super exciting and I just want to be better.  Well that's all I can think of for now.  I love you all a ton and I'm grateful for all the prayers and everything you did to help me get better and feel loved!  I miss you a lot and everyone and I'll be back to my old self really soon!  Love, Joshua

(Posted and edited by Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment