Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

May 21, 2012

The skype call was way fun and I am feeling better.  All the drugs I'm taking and the cold I got kind of took all my strength.  Then Elder Wilcox was pretty sick this week too then two days without power.  But today we are doing better on all fronts.  The story for this week is Friday morning we went to Siem Reap for me to see the doctor.  We took a taxi....so taxi's are just guys that own a car or a van or whatever and cram as many people as they can in it and drive wherever.  So the deal with them is it is faster than a bus and you can leave earlier too and on time.  So we get one and bought 3 seats out of 4 in the back of a Toyota Camry.  So there were 3 people in the back and I got the back seat in the middle with my feet on the hump.  Yeah, not the best but whatever...I take the short stick usually.  Then the front seat was a totally different story.  First the rear view mirror had a video screen over it...totally illegal but we had Khmae entertainment and then imagine 6 people in the front of a Toyota Camry.  Two normal people, a baby being held and a toddler standing in the front.  Then the driver gets in and then the next passenger.  Ya, our driver drove from the hump!  It was crazy and we didn't die and got there in good time and weren't too hot.  So I went to the doctor and they said they wanted me to stay for an IV treatment so I spent 3 days and 2 nights in the hospital taking care of the ameoba.  I'm feeling better but my strength is still kinda down but then last night and Sunday night we had power so it's all good!  I'm still loving being out here and the mail will come up on Thursday or Friday this week so I'll see what I get!  I love you and I'm doing great!

Posted and edited by Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment