Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Monday, August 6, 2012

From e-mail 8/6/2012

Well, I'm being transferred to the city on the north side.  I'm white washing and I'm co-senior comp already.  Doesn't mean much but I have a tough area so the mission president talked to me about it last night and gave me lots of advice on what he wants me to do.  I'm feeling better and doing fine.  I got the box with the candy and peppermint oil pills and I use the stuff and it's working pretty good so we'll see after some longer time.  I can take my bike seat and my horn with me so that's good!  I love Kampong Thom and I can't wait to come back with you and you should come for two weeks!  It will be super fun and a hotel room in Kampon Thom with ac is 8 bucks a night with 2 beds...anything like that in America!?????  Haha!

It was a pretty normal week and not a ton of crazy things happened.  Monday to Wednesday I was companions with the senion Elder cause my comp was in the city for training.  I took out some of the young men too and Monday I had a relaxing p-day and got a two hour nap in my hammock with power.  But it was busy because when I'm out with the senior Elder I do all the translating and it is hard work.  Tuesday, spent the whole day with Elder Grimnes riding in the car and not sweating like crazy biking, lol!  And got lunch and dinner from Sophal and it was great!  Then Wed. was just crazy, I went out with Elder and Sister Grimnes and Sophal to an engagement thing for a member then took another comp that lived there, I didn't have a bike or helmet, and we taught 2 lessons together out there and then I hung out with Chuon and Chanthy's family as we are still teaching her mother and they are the best.  Then took another young man out with me in the evening and had some fun english classes.  Then a couple more busy days and then Sunday we had 3 new members receive the Holy Ghost and a little 12 year old boy, smaller than Bobby B. get the Priesthood.  It was great and then I gave 4 kids a blessing as they are taking their 12 grade exams and they all rely on the Elders so much and I love them all a ton!  I'm just really looking forward to the next time I get to meet with all of them and I love this area a ton.  

I have tons of pictures to put up and I still have to pack so not much this week.  Lots of fun taking pictures this week with everyone!  Love Elder, brother, son, Joshua! 

No comments:

Post a Comment