Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

From e-mail July 23, 2012

First, funny thing, I'm at the internet cafe/pharmacy and just saw a cat jump up on the drug counter and lay down right on top of the drugs being handed out.  Pretty awesome cat they have here! This week I called the family with the guy with the water buffalo foot on the blog and he has been sick for awhile and for about a week he couldn't work and the wife had to stay home and take care of him because he has hepatitis B I think and couldn't lift his arms to do anything so it was tough.  We have been trying to help them all week.  Monday night we had a young single adults family home evening at the seniors house and that was good and we started a sign up to go on exchanges with the Elders because our area is getting crazy busy.  So that was a success and we had a busy week ahead of us with that in the works.  Sophal has been sick this week too. 

Then we had a meeting with the Relief Society President to set up visiting teaching and got that worked out for the night and then last week we got home teaching going and this week we had 11 families visited and we only gave out assignments last week so that was awesome.  Then Wednesday we had about 8 lessons and an exchange and then Thurs. a long day in the house planning and taking care of the week.  This week we have the busiest week ever!  It seems there is not a free hour in our schedule all week and it's crazy so it will be fun and hopefully my bike starts holding up better.  I've had some problesm with the little red guy...doesn't like to keep the chain on, lol, but my butt is comfy and horn helps in the traffic cause they think I'm a big truck, haha! 

Then Thurs. as soon as we left the house it rained all day out teaching.  We didn't get to see everyone because of the rain but it was a good day and we met with good people and that day I got to give 2 blessings and one to a baby 3 months old and we just held the baby and it was really cool and I felt like the Lord was going to help this baby heal and grow up big and strong.  The baby's mom is the woman's daughter I just baptised and she and her husband want to learn soon and I felt that boy was going to grow up and being a strong member of the church and it was tough to speak but I got it out and then got to hold a baby for a little bit and that was a good experience.   So Friday, we had a good day and a fun ride home that night in the rain and crazy windstorm here.  Then Saturday we got out in the morning to an area called Prey Kuy and we gave another 2 blessings there and I helped move 100 kilo bags of rice around.  Ya, I love that! Well, gotta run, love you and tell everyone hello for me.  I'm glad you got my box and everything is good!  Love, Elder Decker!

No comments:

Post a Comment