Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

From e-mail July 15, 2012

Well, my week was good.  P-day last week we had a crazy day of not normal p-day things, lol.  The mission president came and his wife and two daughters and we had our meeting with him and then a really good lunch from Sophal and then a meet and greet with the Branch.  Then we hung out and I took a nap with power and the power has been on pretty good lately but last night it was out for a while after we fell asleep but it wasn't too hot.  I must be getting even hotter because I had a sheet on with no power and was sleeping pretty good, lol!  But I really love the power and coldness of our room at night but it's all good.  It's Cambodia and I love it still!  Then we had a big Branch family home evening and played Khmae style "Do You Love Your Neighbor!"  Super funny because they are hilarious.  I told them we play until all the chairs are broken!! 

We got 9 new investigators last week and then 4 more this week and we are super busy.  We have busy days and teach lots of lessons.  Thursday it was raining the whole time we were out teaching and that always makes going different places hard but we were wet the whole day and had a ton of fun teaching and doing some fun service.  It's called taking the rice out and I have pictures so you will see and it was super fun.  Then we had some really good lessons that day then came home on the road that is really muddy when it rains because it's faster to go and give a member a blessing and it took us about 20 mins. to ride this road and it was super fun.  I was super dirty and carrying my bike again.  My chain fell off and I was carrying my bike and running this time cause we were running late for all the stuff we wanted to do and came home that night laughing on the inside and happy and showered outside in all my clothes and shoes to get the mud off and it was just funny to me. 

I have been doing everything I'm supposed to do for my stomach but it isn't helping yet but I can handle it fine and it doesn't slow me down one bit.  Sometimes it makes me go faster cause I really need a bathroom, lol.  And Friday we had some good lessons and we kind of got rained out again and then Saturday was busy too.  We started a mission prep class for the Branch and we had 10 people there and it was super fun to teach about why missionary work is important and hear why they want to serve and share with them my experiences as a missionary so far. I can't wait to teach even more.

I got to confirm and give the blessing to the ming I baptised last week.  It is really nerve racking in Khmae and then I just didn't want to messs up but it was really cool.  I love planning and my Khmae is getting better and I can understand a little more each day too and I'm starting to talk in their style more like just throwing random words that don't make any sense to say in Engliseh but when you do that Khmae's understand better.  Lol, so I'll sound like a doofus when I come home!  I love you all, Love Elder Decker!

No comments:

Post a Comment