Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Friday, July 13, 2012

July 8, 2012

Hey everyone!

Well, this week I am doing great!  Monday, still felt tired but we got rained in after p-day and didn't go out to teach so I got to rest and then Tuesday rode my bike all day and was tired but got better and didn't have to go too far.  But we always ride a lot in one day.  Then by Wed. I really wanted to get out to a lot of people so I got my energy up after taking a nap through studies.  That was the problem until Saturday to stay awake in studies because I was really tired, but I feel good and the oatmeal every morning is a really good pick me up so yesterday I felt really good.  We have had really good power and have had it when it counts each night and sometimes it will still go out but not for more than an hour and comes back on and I have faith that Heavenly Father is answering all the prayers and I know we will have power to do everything.

My stomach is still somewhat annoying and I haven't really found a specific food yet that makes it upset, it's just still most everything but I'll be fine.  I handle it totally fine.  My new companion is really different from me but we had great success this week.  I move fast, teach simple and teach to understanding and then go to the next person and keep watching for the ones on the road that maybe are ready.  It's hot here everyday but when it rains it gets tons colder and pretty nice but coming home wet is now almost a usual but I enjoy the rain as long as my stuff stays dry in my plastic bag. Lol!  Anyway, this week we got 9 new investigators and had 2 baptisms on Sunday and I got to baptize someone too and I have some good pics to put up.  I'm having a blast teaching and learning the language more.  I can get away pretty well in the lessons and sometimes I need a little help with a few words but I'm not afraid to be like what???  What does that word mean so it's all good.  I love the Khmae language and I love teaching.  We have 3 little kids we are teaching now that are new and cousins of recent converts and of members so it's fun because I get to make cool examples and teach really simple and have great member help!

This is the same house that I taught my first lesson in Khmae and I talked with the person that is now the member help and talked about how I didn't know Khmae at all and now I can really see the difference and it was just a cool experience yesterday and I loved it!  We had some really good lessons this week and I got to give 2 blessings in Khmae and the baptism was just awesome.  I loved it so much and the neak ming that I baptized was feeling the Spirit so much and was just nervous and scared and almost to tears and it was just great!  I loved this baptism so much and it was awesome!  Things are good in the branch too and we had 114 yesterday and 26 recent converts from both sides of the area right now.  It's really good.  We are working on pride though and trying to soften hearts.  Trying to teach people that the Lord is asking them to do all kinds of stuff, not just us Elders.  But in this mission, everyone who gets a calling, we have to teach them how to do it.  So not like a lot of missions in that way especially in America.

I don't have much time this p-day as the new Mission President is coming in a few minutes so I will try to post a few pictures and then I'll try to put more up next week.  I love you all so much and thank you for everything you do for me!

Love, Elder Joshua Aaron Decker
(posted and edited by Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment