Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Monday, April 9, 2012

My week before Easter

This week was pretty good.  We only had about 3 days of actually proselyting.  Transfers were on Thur. and Fri. so I was planning on staying with the other Elder while my companion and his comp. went to the city for transfers and zone leader training but I've been taking an antibiotic for a week and talked with Sister Smedley and she said that I should come down with my companion to go to the doctor and see what is up.  So the doctor said that I have e coli.  He said that the antibiotic was helping and to keep taking it and he wants me to come back this week.  So this Thursday I go to Seim Reap to go to the doctor again and see what's up.  I feel fine.  I eat enough, and I sleep fine and I'm not in much pain.  It's strange that I have it because we are really clean with food and I know you saw the meat we buy last week in the blog but we clean everything after we buy it.  Someone else had it and was in the hospital and out of commission for a week....but I'm doing great mom.  I just worry that in the last 2 weeks we haven't been in our area much and I need to be helping the people more so its tough not to get discouraged when you feel you aren't doing missionary work, but trials and bad things come up every day and little annoying things just don't bother you too much after awhile and life is still good. 

So, I'm happy and somewhat healthy right now.  Easter weekend was way good and we got to see conference in English and we had lunch with the senior couple both days, really good!  Then last week I rode a cow at a members house and I have pics, lol!  It's not as fun as it looks!

There was a huge storm last Friday and the thunder and lightning was the loudest and brightest of any storm I've ever witnessed in America.  So crazy and the last 3 nights before we went to the city, no power all night so no ac for 3 nights sleeping and then our 2 nights back from the city we didn't have power.  I'm still sleeping even though its really annoying and super hot.  Then this week it's khmae new year and we have 2 days off.  Friday and Sat. we have 6 hours of house cleaning Fri. and 4 hours of work in our member record book and then we get to go to a cool place with everyone and the branch is having a party at the church so I'm hoping for delicious treats to eat, lol!  But we still don't have much time to go out and teach this week either but I'm doing way good.  I got your package and mail from grandma.  The treats were all great and I love the letters and I love all the emails!

They love angry birds here but they don't know why, so it's hilarious.  They have all kinds of angry birds shirts, hats, cups, everything for cheap!  I need to write more letters but I'm just really busy. But I love you bunches and I love Cambodia!

I love you all - Love Elder Joshua Decker
posted and edited by Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment