Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Sunday, April 1, 2012

March 26, 2012

aight well my week was good.  Pretty normal week with nothing too big happening and its starting to get to the point where days are blending together and soon weeks will, and months and years.  But its way good.  The rash is good and I still use the stuff I got from the Ming at the computer/pharmacy store.  I love her and she is super funny.  I talk with here a little every p-day and I wave as we go by sometimes.  Super nice family runs this place.  Last Monday I got my first khmae hair cut and masssage combo pack for a buck and quarter (lol) could have got the hair wash cut shave and massage if i wanted...maybe next time. (lol)   Then Monday night we had exchanges with the assistants so we had a 3 of us together for Monday night and Tuesday afternooon.  Then we had a good long day Wednesday and it rained a few times here and it was just an American rain but a lot of water quick and it floods fast in places. Didn't bike through it, cause the Khmae try and keeep their houses dry and coming in soaking wet is something they don't really like.  But we just sit and wait for a break.  Khmae shut down when it rains. (lol)  Super funny. 

Then we did confirm the family and they made it there and are doing soo good.  The lookpuu or husband of the family calls us when he can't make it to church and feels bad so its just awesome!  They are so cool!  I bought a little speaker thing and flash drive last week and the speaker is great for my mp3 thing and I have a flash drive I can put music on and play it from the speaker I bought and its really nice and i got it from chinese to english so thats a lot better lol super fun! 

I found a delicious treat that dad would love.  Its an omelet style stuff in a cooked dough bread ball.  It's delicious!  And 33 cents lol I love them soo much!  And every treat has some kind of bean in it, so I'm diggin those.  We eat rice and noodles everyday.  I will need a wok and rice cooker and a good set of knifes lol, we cook once or twice a dad and I eat oatmeal or cereal or egg and rice and pork in the morning for breakfast just as tidbits of what I'm up too.  Then this week it rained a few more times but that is good luck for the year and the Khmae new year is coming up and apparently the whole mission get owned by it, cause everyone goes off somewhere and don't really tell you.  It's not america lol.

Then this week there is someone that wants to serve a mission in our branch and he is working really hard to get there.  He came out with us last night and he knows a lot of english and is really good and teaching with us and explains things super good.  Soo that is always fun when we help guys get ready to serve missions and he hopes he goes to America to learn english better and come home and get a good job. so that is something Khmae needs, smart people with plans to do something with their life.

Then we work with the branch more and more and try and find the recent less active members in our area.  Cambodia has 11000 members and 2500 come in the country every week.  Soo its trying to balance work with investigators and work finding and helping less active is always a balance we are working for!  It's tough but everything is worth our time when we do it with the spirit as our guide! Helping some stay active and come back to church is just as important as baptizing a new convert.


No comments:

Post a Comment