Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April 22, 2012

Lets get readddyyyy to ruuuuuummmmbbbbllllle!  Aight so here is the answers to the questions first:  haha - health better but not that great.  Trying to eat a little less and still have energy.  Mail came but didn't get the package yet because it was too much for the President to bring with him.  I got letters from Grandma, Brady's and Warren's.  I am working on return letters but my time is limited!  New Mission President coming soon but what's crazier is that an apostle is coming this transfer so that's nuts!  I don't know if I will get to see him though so it's all good.

My last e-mail came from Seam Reap cause we spent 3 days up there doing training and pday and interviews with the President.  I got to shop around at the markets there and they are way better than Kampong Thom where I'm usually at.  I got great deals cause the mings like my nose and I can speak khmae and they give us good deals too cause they don't rip off people of Christ.  It's a big tourist place because of Ankgor Wat.  It's super funny that they love my nose.  The mings tell me that I'm super handsome! and then the girls about 20 - 30 (called bongs) all think I'm handsome so I get good deals shopping around and it's just funny!  I love it!  Super cool place and when you come, pack light cause the best part of Cambodia is the markets!!!!!

So after that, we had good Khmae for lunch and man some stuff you will love dad!!!  Mom...idk, they have KFC and that's what we had for dinner and really good ice cream.  It was a fun pday and no worries.  Then Tuesday, we had our training and lunch out again and then more training and mexican food after training.  Then we stayed in a hotel for a night, 2 beds (small beds), bathroom, fridge, microwave for $15.  Ya, super cheap!!  Weird being a missionary in a hotel, lol.  Then Wed. we had interviews and came home.  Had lunch at a place called Suoky soup.  It's a buffet of meat and veggies and noodles and your own pot of boiling soup to deep fry whatever is running on the conveyer belt right in front of you!  Super dream come true!  Haha! You will love it when you come - it's sooo dang good!!!!

After the bus ride home we taught a couple of lessons.  It was tough to get back on schedule but we did and had some fun in our area too!  Friday we were out looking for a recent lost convert and came back in town to fix lunch and the whole kheet was having an all day water fight!!!  It's National Water Fight day!  We bought these little bags of water, like 5 for 12 cents and it was hilarious!  Laughing all day!  We rode out to this one area and there was like 30 kids playing and we played for an hour and a-half.  It was sooo fun!  I came home that night completely soaked from head to toe.  I didn't get any pics cause I was trying to keep the backpack dry!  I'm excited and ready for next year now!  Saturday we did a bunch of service and moved dirt for an hour and got so sweaty that I was wet like the day before. Then a kid started up the water fight again and I owned him like 3 times and put him in the giant pots they fill with water, lol!  Super funny!

I have to give a talk in church this Sunday so its scary talking in Khmae but I feel good about it.  We have 3 new investigators and 3 new families we are working with now so we are busy and we teach all day every day and it's never boring.  We ended the week eating jack fruit which is like banana laffy taffy but fruit! Things are great and I love you all and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment