Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Thursday, September 6, 2012

From e-mail 9/2/2012

This week went by really fast.  We were able to find more inactive members and have success there and that's all good and the house is good too, I got a bed this week and I like it!  I got more dictionaries to learn Khmae and I'm learning a lot only speaking Khmae in the house all the time and it's super funny sometimes.  I love hangin out with these 3 elders!  Last Monday we played futsol at the church and I got some volleyball in this week too. Yesterday we road out to an investigator's house that has been investigating the church for 2 years or more and couldn't get baptized because she didn't have a house or a family book which is like a certificate saying your married and now they just got a new house so 2 months more and they should be getting baptized but we biked 2 and a half hours to their house and an hour and a half back with 2 members but without the members we could have got there in 30 mins and back in 20 so there ya go.  But it was good cause Elder Wilcox started teaching her and her husband when he first started his mission so now I'll get to finish his work he started.  Super cool.

I'll take some pictures from home if you can send some.  They don't know what swim team is when I tell them and they don't believe me when I tell them I know how to play soccer until I bring my ball out that I bought and take with me now, haha! 

Trying to find 100 less actives that have no phone numbers and no address and no map to their house is loads of fun.  Elder Ny is doing good and getting better and the house is good.  I go up to the third floor and juggle some nights and compete with the blasting music from the house attached to ours, lol.  I have the big super market close to the house so I have everything I need and peanut butter and oreos keep me happy.  I still eat a ton of rice and pork and chicken.  Well, my english is getting worse cause I don't use it a lot and I don't know what to say sometimes!  Haha, I love you!  I'm putting pictures up and I'm off for the day and going to have some fun with my 3 Khmae brothers!! 

Love Joshua!

No comments:

Post a Comment