Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sunday, May 6, 2012

I'm glad you got the package.  They really don't help me at all at the post office here.  They switch the box I get all ready and they think one piece of tape is all good.  So I'll just send smaller stuff and be like look lady, I'm an American and this is how we do tape!!  I got the package and mail from you and Grandma and the candy is great!  I love candy and miss the American good stuff.  We had a good end of the week and we're hopefully going to have 3 baptisms this Sunday!  The weather is hot!

Yesterday was the craziest, most out of control fast meeting ever.  So Saturday night we are fasting and don't like to come home til the very latest we can and we come home to no power, yuck.  It's hot and not looking good when we still don't have power at 9:30 which is bedtime but the power came back on at 10 and we got to sleep with cold and woke up at 3 because it was off again, lame.  So on Saturday night we met with a member and talked about the temple and preparing to go and what they needed to do.  She kept telling us that tomorrow she was going to sing in sacrament.  We didn't piece it together that tomorrow was fast Sunday.  So we wake up and no power all through church until 1:00.  Church was hot, loud and super unfocused.  The branch president started out with a ten minute talk and then no one in the congregation would stop talking, then the member from the night before started talking and then she starts to sing a non church song in khmae and english and then had her husband come up with the ghetto boom box and sang with him.  It got really quiet for her singing.  It was super weird.  Then later that night we had a debate about what testimony meeting should be like! 

We have tons to do within the branch.  We are working on getting more help with home teaching and visiting teaching and really it's nothing like in America but I get super excited when things happen and it's awesome.  We visited a couple people in the hospital too this week, and the hospital is just like the old movies with people just laying in beds all in a room together....kinda sad but I got to give my first blessing for a little girl, 10, with dengue fever.  It's even hard in khmae but it was cool and she was out yesterday so I hope she is doing better!  We are going to see her tonight and I'm gonna share my candy with her.  I love the people a ton and they all make me smile!  I love you a ton and can't wait to see you next week from the future!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment