Here I Go!

I’m heading off to Cambodia for two years and I can’t wait! I’m reporting Dec 7th 2011 and I’ll be serving for 24 months. I hope all of you who are interested can read and see all the pictures and adventures I’ll get to experience and share many stories with all of you! Best wishes to all and God bless!

Elder Decker

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My first week

Things are going really well here.  My first day was crazy!  My companion is Elder Blocker and there are 11 of us Cambodian Eders and Sisters in our District.  The spirit here is strong and always close by.  We had a day of class right when I got here on Wednesday and it was crazy insane because our teacher only talked to us in Cambodian and its really hard to understand sometimes.  I learned how to say a few things on the first day and then more and more after that.  I can bear my testimony and I say all my prayers in Cambodian now and have a lot of things I can say but my grammer and placement of the words is most of the time always wrong.

I am sleeping ok on my taco of a bed and the room is big enough for all my stuff plus some.  I haven't and couldn't even fill all my drawer space, lol.  It was totally new to me to not have an overflowing amount of clothes everywhere!  After 3 classes I taught my first lesson to an investigator on Friday in Khmae and that was scary and hard and I felt like a fool! Haha!  My khmae is getting better and better each day.

The BYU mens choir came and sang for us on Sunday.  I saw my buddy from school and a few other guys I knew. I do like it here but I'm more excited to learn khmae and how to become a better missionary!
"Don't just go on a mission...become a missionary."  Elder Bednar.

I plan on doing just that!!!

Love all yall, Elder Decker!

5 comments:

  1. Our prayers are with you. This is where you should be. There are people needing to hear the gospel from YOU...the Spirit will take over from there. What an exciting time for you. Don't wish it away...drink in all of the experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is gorgeous! I am looking forward to all of the adventures and experiences. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome blog! I am excited to see lots of pictures and hear about all of your adventures! Congratulations Josh you will be a great missionary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i updated your blog with a pic from cambodia...hope you like the new setup! you are already one amazing missionary Elder Decker! cant wait to tell you where the Lord is taking me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like all is going well! Keep the updates coming.

    ReplyDelete